Wetsuit Beuchat Focea Comfort 5 review
Beuchat, pionner of underwater gears
Beuchat is a french company located in Marseille. This famous brand, has been designing, manufacturing and selling underwater equipment since its creation in 1934. Georges Beuchat, one of the underwater pioneers, developed his own inventions to improve comfort, warmth and safety during immersion.
Beuchat invented the first surface marker buoy, the first underwater camera housingpho and also the first isothermal wetsuit. They launched in 1963, the Tarzan, first wet suit model for the general public. Since then, Beuchat has made the design of its wetsuit one of the company’s priorities. Recognized for its expertize, the Beuchat company and its famous swordfish logo will not disappoint you as their new Focea Comfort 5 suit meets all the expectations of a very demanding diver.
Best diving wetsuit?
Beuchat has just launched the Focea Comfort 5. It brings together the expertise and the recent years major innovations of Beuchat. We already loved the Focea Comfort 4 wetsuit for its comfort, high elasticity, resistance to cold and friction. The fifth edition of Beuchat’s flagship diving suit remains in line with the previous version with an impressive new design.
After touching it, the wetsuit seems extremely solid but surprisingly flexible. Reinforcements were strategically placed, the sleeves were also doubled and the finishes look amazing. Once worn, directly you can feel the comfort, it is definitly not just a name, Beuchat realised an impressive premium product. No restricting movement at the elbows or knees, even when the combination is still super dry.
Focea confort 5 one of the finest diving wetsuit
The Focea Comfort range is one of the high-end diving suits on the market. The aim of this premium product is to show the excellence of Beuchat in the manufacture of diving equipment. Since the Focea Comfort 4 model, the wetsuit received a serie of interesting new improvements: more comfort, more resistance and more thermal insulation. Here are the latest technical features:
- Style: Black, trimmed with red imprints and red zips plus Black Shield protection for the shoulders, legs and seat
- Anatomic cut: Exclusive new high quality pre-forming for an anatomical cut ensuring maximum comfort, protection and ease of movement. 44 panels and 20 different neoprene grades.
- Flex System 2: Flex System 2 pre-forming, with special wide embossing at articulations for greater freedom of movement inside the elbows and behind the knees. Relative to the Focea Comfort 4: the Flex System 2 more than doubles the area covered by the Focea Comfort 4 Flex System to provide more comfort. Seamless stretch panels at articulations to reduce abrasion armpits, inside elbows and behind knees. High quality pre-forming for the curvature of the lower back and crotch to give a snugger-fitting anatomical suit. Lower back stretch panel. Elaskin 8.8 stretch panel in the lumbar region offers improved flexibility around the rear zip fastener for improved comfort especially when bending down to prepare and/or fit equipment, especially out of the water.
- The Free Flex Zone: Located around the shoulders and the back ensures flexibility at the junction of the torso and the arms to offer greater freedom of movement.
- Fireskin: is a warm, water repellent fabric with a specially structured weave that offers a high degree of thermal protection.
- Reinforced : Reinforced seat. PU Black Shield protective panels on the shoulders, legs and seat
- Seals: Smooth inside collar giving a better seal with micro-adjustable closure by a non-aggressive elastic Velcro fastener that does not stick to the jersey or stitching. Zippered double wrist and ankle seals incorporating a reversible inner seal with a jersey lining and smooth neoprene exterior. 45° notches on the inner seal edge-bonding seam to provide more elasticity and strength during dressing
- Fastenning: Large zipped neck opening longer zip than on the Focea Comfort 4 fitted with an Elaskin gusset incorporating an anatomical cut on the hoodless one-piece for better comfort. Large G-Lock plus back zip with metal slider and embossed Water Dam System cover for a better seal Beuchat patent. Zipped wrists and ankles. Neoprene reinforcements at the ends of all the zips to avoid any risk of tearing should the sliders be subject to undue force.
- Finishing at extremities of zips: Neoprene panels bonded edge-to-edge with outer and inner overlock. Outer seal edges bordered for greater strength. Inner seal edges notched for improved flexibility
- Universal computer holder: Original Beuchat system designed to hold the dive computer in place on the suit, particularly during deep dives system compatible with all dive computer models. Original Focea Comfort hologram. Positioned on the right forearm.
The Focea Range
If you are interesting by this dive suit, you must know that the Focea range allows divers to be adjustable according to the conditions and the temperature of the water. Available in several thicknesses 5mm and 7mm, the focea comfort 5 exists with or without hood. Moreover Beuchat proposes also an overvest and a shorty. For your information the combo 7mm wetsuit + vest Focea with hood will be perfect to in a 12° to 15° water.